Travel insurance that provides cover for emergency repatriation in the case of a medical emergency is compulsory for all trips sold or operated by Secret Atlas and is a condition of booking. We will ask for a copy of your insurance certificate prior to departure. We cannot legally provide you travel insurance advice but we have put the following guide together to assist you in finding the right insurance for you. What we recommend your insurance policy covers:
- Evacuation (including by helicopter) to the nearest hospital for accident, injury & other medical reasons
- Medical expenses
- Emergency evacuation
- Cancellation and curtailment
- Personal liability
- Loss of luggage and personal effects
- Death and illness
We also recommend that you take out cancellation insurance that covers you in the event you have to cancel your trip due to illness or injury. Our destinations are remote and we advise seeking expert advice from a travel insurance company to ensure you have the sufficient levels of cover in place for your destination and planned activities. It is mandatory that your insurance covers flights and hotels in case the vessel is delayed or the trip cancelled. We cannot recommend one company and encourage you to get several quotes.
We recommend that you check the following with your insurer:
- Emergency medical repatriation (to home country): including any associated expenses abroad covers at least $500,000.
- Activities carried out on the expedition are included such as skiing, hiking, kayaking, paddleboarding and sailing.
- That your insurance covers you for the geographical area you are visiting.
- Make sure the date your insurance starts and ends is when you are back in your home country to ensure that you are covered until you arrive home (not when your cruise ends).
- Ensure cancellation insurance covers you from the time of booking.
- Disclose any pre-existing medical conditions to your insurance company.
Ripcord – Redpoint Travel Protection Global Rescue based in US, provide the integrated medical, security, travel risk and crisis management services for US and international travellers.
Travel Insured offer individual & family travel plans for US residents.
Allianz insurance offers cover against certain losses related to COVID-19 and any future epidemic for US residents.
Travel Guard offers a wide variety of travel protection plans and unique services for residents of US, Australia, Canada, Germany, Norway, Italy and Israel.
StaySure provide cover for UK residents even for countries listed as against all but essential travel.
World Nomads offer general travel insurance. Available to travellers from over 140 countries.
Battleface provide cover for adventure exploration and sports for UK, USA and most European residents.
Travel & General provide cover for different winter sports activities for UK residents.
MPI Brokers offer coverage for skiing for UK residents.
ERV is the leading provider of insurance solutions in the areas of travel and leisure for Swiss residents.
Ergo cover risks for all types of travel for German and international travellers.